You can access the Antenatal and Newborn Screening e-learning Modules on the following link https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Catalogue/Index?HierarchyId=0_37171_37172&programmeId=37171
Please access the carer eLearning modules on https://surreycc.elumos.net/public/ . Please note that to view the modules you will need the Adobe Flash Player™ 10 or above and internet explorer.
You can watch a very powerful interview with a young carer, local to St Helier hospital, who describes her experience of being a carer for her mother on the following link
This course comprises a selection of modules provided by Health Education England which are relevant to nurses who attend the End Of Life Care Induction and also to the participants on End Of Life Care Simulation at Epsom and St Helier .
The modules selected include:
- Dying in Acute Hospitals
- Mental Capacity Act in practice
- Discussing food and fluids
- Agitation and Restlessness in the Dying Phase
- Skills which facilitate good communication
- Benefits and risks of ACP to patients, families and staff
- Assessment of spiritual wellbeing
- Care After Death I Introduction to Care After Death
Initial training in use of the glucose meter must be face to face, a barcode will be provided at face to face training, e-learning is for re-certification only- to book into a face to face session please contact the POCT team at esth.POCT@nhs.net