Login via the following link https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/OpenAthensDiscovery and enrol on the course at https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/433051
Please access the carer eLearning modules on https://surreycc.elumos.net/public/ . Please note that to view the modules you will need the Adobe Flash Player™ 10 or above and internet explorer.
You can watch a very powerful interview with a young carer, local to St Helier hospital, who describes her experience of being a carer for her mother on the following link
This course comprises a selection of modules provided by Health Education England which are relevant to nurses who attend the End Of Life Care Induction and also to the participants on End Of Life Care Simulation at Epsom and St Helier .
The modules selected include:
- Dying in Acute Hospitals
- Mental Capacity Act in practice
- Discussing food and fluids
- Agitation and Restlessness in the Dying Phase
- Skills which facilitate good communication
- Benefits and risks of ACP to patients, families and staff
- Assessment of spiritual wellbeing
- Care After Death I Introduction to Care After Death
As a member of Employers for Carers, our organisation is committed to supporting employees who are juggling their paid job with caring responsibilities for someone who is older, seriously ill or disabled.
This resource will help carers identify themselves or others at work and learn how to get support. It will also help line managers or other teams with employee wellbeing responsibilities to understand what carers may need in the workplace and how to best support them.
This resource will help you:
- understand what we mean by a working carer
- understand why carers need support in the workplace
- learn about what support is available
Please follow this link to access the eLearning module